RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) -- Authorities are investigating a broad-daylight shooting in a Raleigh neighborhood Sunday afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported around 2:20 p.m. in the 2800 block of Filbert Street, which is in southeast Raleigh.
A 23-year-old man was wounded in the shooting, police said. Images from the scene show several police cars and police tape blocking off the road.
Small blue cones were seen on the ground marking different items.
The wounded person was taken by a personal vehicle to WakeMed and was listed in stable condition late Sunday afternoon, police said.
Officials said the suspect in the shooting was still at large.
There was no description available from police of the suspect.
Anyone with information that might assist the investigation of the shooting is asked to call Raleigh CrimeStoppers at (919) 834-HELP or visit raleighcrimestoppers.org for text and email reporting options.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- NC educational program owner accused of sexually assaulting 7-year-old detained by ICE
- NC dad threatened to use gun at kid's basketball game, police say
- Greensboro City Council can't cancel gun show, city attorney says
- Hardee's robbery at NC coast lands convicted murderer back in prison