VANCEBORO, N.C. (WNCT) - Two women were killed in a wreck involving a FedEx truck in Craven County Thursday, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
It happened at about 5:20 p.m. on Streets Ferry Road near State Camp Road outside of Vanceboro.
Jessica Tolson, 28, of New Bern was driving a 2005 Dodge Neon traveling south on Streets Ferry Road.
Donald Haddock, 51, of Greenville was driving a FedEx truck north on Streets Ferry Road.
Tolson crossed the center line and collided with the truck, troopers said.
Tolson and her passenger, Kayla Smith, 27, of New Bern were both killed in the crash.
The Highway Patrol said neither drugs nor alcohol are suspected, and speeding was not a factor.
No charges will be filed.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHAD COPLEY SENTENCED TO LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE FOR MURDERING KOUREN THOMAS
- 1 DEAD, 2 SERIOUSLY INJURED IN CRASH ON US 15-501 IN DURHAM; ALL LANES CLOSED
- KNIGHTDALE TEEN CHARGED WITH THREATENING TO 'SHOOT UP' SCHOOL, SHOWING GUN ON FACETIME
- REPORT: DUKE, UNC, NC STATE NAMED IN NCAA INVESTIGATION INTO POSSIBLE VIOLATIONS
- FORT BRAGG SOLDIER GIVES DAUGHTER INCREDIBLE 16TH BIRTHDAY SURPRISE
Peter Fonda apologizes for 'vulgar'...
Trudeau: Canada to legalize marijuana...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Birthplace of NC native Nina Simone to be preserved
- Missing NC 12-year-old's body recovered near Norfolk pier
- Man charged with shooting NC police officer in back
- Dad drowns trying to save daughters from rip current at Atlantic Beach