FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) - Fayetteville police say a 71-year-old woman stole gift cards from the Cape Fear Valley Cancer.
Between Jan. 19 and 22, someone took gift cards intended for use in a fundraiser for cancer patients at the center, according to authorities.
Friday, police announced the arrest of Barbara M. Flowers, of the 1100 block of Windham Court. She is charged with breaking and entering, larceny after breaking and entering, possession of stolen goods and obtaining property by false pretenses, police said.
She was released on a $20,000 unsecured bond, police said.
Police said Thursday that they were looking for two people of interest in the case, and announced later Thursday that they had spoken to those people and they had been ruled out in the case.EARLIER: Gift cards for cancer patients stolen from Fayetteville cancer center, police sayWHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHATHAM COUNTY WOMAN HAD LACED GUMMIES, THC SYRINGES, CASH AND GUNS DEPUTIES SAY
- THOUSANDS STOLEN DURING RALEIGH FOOD LION ROBBERY, POLICE SAY
- HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE HITTING THE NC LOTTERY DOZENS OF TIMES IN 3 YEARS?
- PAIR WANTED IN BROAD-DAYLIGHT KILLING IN DURHAM, POLICE SAY
- HELP US DECIDE WHICH BIG GAME ADS ARE THE BEST
NC teacher charged with indecent...
Man dies after fall from NC waterfall
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man dies after fall from NC waterfall
- 11 cars damaged as fire sweeps through Carowinds parking lot
- Inmate attacks officer at NC prison
- Police: Man, dog found dead inside vehicle at Wilmington shopping center