SEVEN LAKES, N.C. (WNCN) -- A power boat with four people aboard crashed into a dam on Lake Auman in Moore County late Friday night.
The crash happened in the Seven Lakes Community around 10:30 p.m. Friday, officials said.
During the crash, the boat went out of the water several feet, up an embankment, and jumped a roadside guardrail. The boat came to a stop straddling the guardrail, which is for Longleaf Drive, which goes over the dam.
All four people aboard the boat were taken to Moore Regional Hospital in Pinehurst. On Saturday evening, two had been released from the hospital. The remaining two victims from the boat crash are in the hospital in stable condition.
The boat was still stuck on the guardrail as of 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
The N.C. Department of Wildlife is investigating.
The Moore County Sheriff's Office and Seven Lake Fire Department were also on the scene.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- String of deadly Henderson shootings could be linked, mayor says
- Raleigh mom had 1-year-old smoke marijuana, police say
- Woman hit when person fires through front door of Fayetteville home, police say
- 4 arrested in connection with death of Edgecombe County deputy