NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Kentucky State Police issued an apology for a tweet the department sent during the Super Bowl.
The tweet was intended as an anti-drunk driving warning, which said "Enjoy watching Rob Gronkowski play but if you drink and drive, your tight end might end up in jail!"
The tweet included a GIF of a bar of soap falling to the floor, alluding to sexual assault in prison.
The department has since deleted the tweet and issued an apology four hours after it was posted.
The apology states making light of sexual assault is never acceptable and the KSP apologizes for any distress the tweet caused, particularly to victims of sexual assault crimes.
It concludes with saying the tweet does not represent the KSP or its mission.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: 'I LEFT HIM FOR 5 MINUTES,' MOM CHARGED AFTER BABY SCALDED IN BATHTUB DIES
- 'I THOUGHT THAT I WAS DEAD,' NC MAN SAYS OF AMTRAK CRASH THAT KILLED 2, HURT 100+
- VIRGINIA MOM SPEAKS OUT AFTER 5-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER DROWNS AT HOTEL POOL PARTY
- PARENTS OF NC PIZZA HUT ROBBERY SUSPECT QUESTION WHY WORKER FATALLY SHOT THEIR SON
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
Hot Dog Water promises slurry of...
Melania Trump's 'I don't care' jacket...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- SUV found submerged, driver declines hospital treatment after Holden Beach accident
- North Carolina gets first African-American poet laureate
- Charlotte Wendy's employee accused of shooting into customer's car in drive-thru
- Bill advances that would put voter ID referendum on November ballot