PINEHURST, N.C. (WNCN) -- Authorities in Pinehurst said an elderly man was found dead in Lake Pinehurst Tuesday night.
Police Chief Earl Phipps said Robert Tweed, 83, was found near his dock.
Police said they were called to the east side of the lake near Diamondhead Drive around 9 p.m.
Phipps said they are still working to determine the cause of death.
Police expect the medical examiner's office will determine the cause Wednesday morning.
Authorities said the cause of death could be natural causes based on the man's age and medical conditions.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Vape store clerk charged after NC student overdoses on fake CBD oil
- Man offered NC kids at bus stop $20 to get in truck with him, mom says
- NC man shot in head after confronting trio about burglary, deputies say
- Cleanup still underway at Outer Banks as new storm looms