Holly Springs teacher and wrestling coach Nick Nosbisch died early Friday morning due to a rare and aggressive form of liver cancer.
Nosbisch — or, as his students called him, Coach Noz — was diagnosed with stage four intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma in late 2016.
The community rallied around Nosbisch. More than $57,000 was raised to help pay for medical expenses.
Donations came from Cape Fear High School, Apex Friendship High School, Jack Britt High School, and so many others.
"As a coach he's an amazing person. He cares for the team. He just loves us, you know," Holly Springs wrestler Elijah Mims told CBS 17 in 2017.
Nosbisch graduated from Jack Britt in 2007. Funeral arrangements are pending.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ANTHONY BOURDAIN DEAD AT 61
- 13-YEAR-OLD DRIVING IN FATAL OHIO CRASH, OFFICIALS SAY
- ANOTHER MAN COMES FORWARD, SAYS HE WAS ASSAULTED BY SAME NC TROOPER DURING 2016 ARREST
- MOTHER OF WOMAN CHARGED WITH ABUSING PRE-TEEN RELIEVED FOR HER GRANDCHILDREN
- CREWS INSTALL LARGER CULVERTS AFTER SINKHOLE ALONG RALEIGH ROAD
- Cooper recalls NC National Guard members from border
- Deputies: NC man hits neighbor with piece of metal after yard dispute
- Police: 'Irate passenger' strikes window at Charlotte airport after flight was canceled
- NC mom upset after son's diploma taken for wearing military cords at high school graduation