FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) - Fayetteville police are looking for a man who shot and killed a woman earlier this month, officials said Thursday night.
Quincetta Daniels, 26, of the 3400 block of Winesap Road in Hope Mills died after the shooting that happened March 3, police said.
The shooting happened at a home in the 500 block of Stevens Street.
Officers arrived at the scene around 10:30 p.m. and found one woman had been shot.
The same night, another woman who had been shot, but received non-life-threatening wounds, arrived at the hospital.
Police said Thursday they are looking for an "armed and dangerous" man named Cory Jamaica Ward.
Ward, 38, of the 1000 block of Vesper Lane is charged with first-degree murder, shooting into an occupied structure, and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
"Detectives also ask that anyone with information concerning the whereabouts of Ward to be cautious and contact law enforcement immediately as he is considered armed and dangerous," police said in a news release.
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Family mourns slain dad who was among 7 shot after birthday party in Sanford
- Truck was left in road before crash that killed Rocky Mount officer, sources say
- Groups plan to file federal complaint against Raleigh police
- Damage reported as severe storms hit parts of central NC
- NC high school student dies in crash in Argentina during school trip
- Transgender NC elementary student not allowed to use girls' bathroom at school, mom says
- NC woman at home with mom is killed as man forces his way in house, officials say
- Fire destroys NC home as resident leaves food cooking to go walk dog, officials say