FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) - A Fayetteville man has been charged with indecent liberties with a child from an incident in 2006, police said Tuesday.
The incident happened in October 2006 and involved a 13-year-old victim who was an acquaintance of the family, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
Mark Uriah Spraggins, 37, of Mt. Gilead Drive is also charged with statutory rape, the news release said.
Spraggins was arrested on Tuesday.
Police said Spraggins' arrest came because of funding from the Bureau of Justice Assistance’s 2016 National Sexual Assault Kit Initiative Grant.
Spraggins is currently being held at the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $250,000 secured bond.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- AMBER ALERT: VIRGINIA INFANT, SEX OFFENDER FATHER COULD BE IN NC
- 3 CHARGED AFTER ELDERLY WOMAN FOUND IN CONDEMNED SC HOME
- WAKE COUNTY SHERIFF RESPONDS AFTER MAN IN EXCESSIVE FORCE CASE CITED WITH ASSAULT
- 82ND AIRBORNE SOLDIER SHOT BY TROOPER DURING CONFRONTATION, OFFICIALS CONFIRM
- FIRE CAPTAIN COMFORTS BABY INVOLVED IN CRASH: THIS IS WHY I DO THE JOB