HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WNCN) - An armed man wearing a hoodie robbed a bank in Hope Mills late Monday morning, police said.
The man walked into the CresCom Bank at 3103 North Main St. around 11 a.m., Hope Mills police said.
After the robbery, he fled north on North Main Street in a 2003 or 2004 white/light gray Ford Explorer four-door SUV, police said.
The Explorer also had black running boards and was missing a license plate.
The man, who was about 6 feet tall, was also wearing black shoes, red pants and a red shirt over the black hoodie.
Anyone with information about the robbery should contact Detective S. Sullivan of the Hope Mills Police Department at 910-425-4103 during normal business hours. After 5 p.m. or on weekends callers should ask to speak to the on-duty supervisor or watch commander.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Family's story of Durham man's death differs from medical examiner's
- Scammer demands bitcoin in exchange for safe return of lost Granville County dog
- Durham not planning tax increases to cover extra $81M in in budget
- Cathy Moore named superintendent of Wake County Public Schools
- NC woman pleads guilty to teen's stabbing death
- NC lobbyists taking action following CBS 17 report on 'ghost guns'
- NC man known as 'Nasty Dog' wanted in stabbing of a 70-year-old man
- Convicted NC sex offender shoots self as police attempt to arrest him