DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) - Ordering pizza during severe weather may not be the best idea. A Domino’s pizza delivery driver got stuck driving down a flooded road in Durham Sunday night.
It happened on Odyssey Drive a little before 11 p.m. The water was knee deep and the driver said it was so dark that he didn’t see that it was flooded.
Some neighbors tried to help him out, but he had already called for help. Eventually a tow truck arrived and pulled the Domino’s driver out.
“I was riding by the route I normally take and when I was driving by, some guy like the whole bottom of his car like disappeared,” said Montay Morgan. “He was stuck. I tried to help him, but he was waiting on a tow guy.”
The pizza delivery driver says he makes great money when the weather is this bad, but this is the first time he’s ever got stuck like this.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: MOMENTS BEFORE DOUBLE-MURDER INVOLVING KNIGHTDALE INCEST COUPLE
- HOLLY SPRINGS FLOODING CATCHES WOMAN BY SURPRISE, SWEEPS UP BRAND NEW CAR
- RARE SHARK CAUGHT OFF FLORIDA COAST
- CAR SPLIT IN HALF IN NC CRASH; 1 INJURED, 1 WALKS AWAY UNINJURED
- TARANTULA BURGER BEING SERVED AT BULL CITY BURGER IN DURHAM (SERIOUSLY)
- Fundraiser held to put therapeutic gardens in NC juvenile detention centers
- Man impaled on piece of metal after fall from truck near Southern Pines, officials say
- WakeMed holds neonatal intensive care unit reunion for workers, kids and parents
- Man's body found near Fayetteville intersection, police say