GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) - Jordan Clark's 5-year-old daughter Mylah has been having nightmares since the death of her mother, Faith Bevan.
"She definitely understands that her mom's never coming back," says Clark.
Bevan's body was found Sunday in a ditch along Caddy Road in Wake County. The Wake County Sheriff's Office is investigating the Garner woman's death as a homicide.
According to a search warrant, the 24-year-old's shirt had been pulled up over her chest, and her pants were pulled down.
"It's a tragedy that an almost 6-year-old girl has lost, really, the most important person in anyone's life is their mom," said Clark.
Clark and Bevan were together for six years, before splitting up a year and a half ago. He says Bevan was working toward becoming a radiology tech, and that mother and daughter were inseparable.
"How many memories will she even have of her mom? Six is just too young. So is 24." said Clark.
Clark is hoping for a break in the case.
A search warrant states that detectives do have a person of interest, who confirmed that he spent time with Bevan in the hours before her death. Warrants also show that Bevan was seen getting into a car with that man.
CBS 17 is not naming that person because he hasn't been charged.
The warrant goes on to request access to the man's Apple iCloud account after he denied investigators access to his phone.
Clark is trying to focus on the happy times he, Bevan, and Mylah had together, like a trip to Disney, a memory that he'll share with their little girl.
"She was dancing with that, and trying to get her mom to come up and dance on the stage. That's something I'll always remember, a fun time," said Clark.
The Wake County Sheriff says an autopsy is not complete, but will hopefully determine how Bevan died.
Bevan's funeral will be held Friday at Montlawn Cemetery at 2p.m.
Clark is in the process of setting up a trust for his daughter. You can read more about it here.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- YOUNG GARNER MOM FOUND DEAD IN DITCH WAS PARTIALLY EXPOSED, WARRANT SAYS
- NC WOMAN ACCUSED OF SELLING PILLS TO UNDERCOVER COP AT DWI HEARING
- CLAYTON VET 'BETRAYED' AFTER EMPLOYEE ACCUSED OF STEALING CUSTOMERS' CREDIT CARD INFO
- NC BUSINESSWOMAN CLAIMS CITY PERMIT WAS TERMINATED AFTER DENYING SEXUAL ADVANCES
- HARNETT COUNTY OFFICIALS CONSIDER MAKING PARENTS PAY FOR CHILDREN'S THREATS
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Fire destroys NC home as resident leaves food cooking to go walk dog, officials say
- Rocky Mount police officer killed in crash
- Cary man charged with kidnapping ex-girlfriend's baby, officials say
- Man found dead in chair at NC beach resort