DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) - A Durham man has been arrested in connection with a hit-and-run crash that killed a 72-year-old pedestrian.
Justin Roger Poindexter, 38, is charged with felony hit and run in the death of Phillip Shaw, of Fayetteville Street.
Shaw was struck and killed as he walked past a gas station in the 3700 block of Fayetteville Road on Tuesday night, police said. The driver continued on after striking Shaw, according to officials.
Investigators are continuing to look into the incident, police said in the statement announcing Poindexter's arrest.RELATED: 72-year-old pedestrian struck, killed in Durham hit-and-run
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- NC educational program owner accused of sexually assaulting 7-year-old detained by ICE
- NC dad threatened to use gun at kid's basketball game, police say
- Greensboro City Council can't cancel gun show, city attorney says
- Hardee's robbery at NC coast lands convicted murderer back in prison