FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) -- Fayetteville Police made an arrest Saturday in a shooting and home invasion that killed a father earlier this month.
Karlos Bembury, 42, was shot and killed as he stepped out of his shower at his Blayne Lane home at about 5:25 a.m. on Oct. 16.UPDATE: Woman wanted for questioning in October murder of Fayetteville dad
A woman in the home was not hurt in the shooting.
On Saturday, police said they arrested a Fayetteville man and charged him with murder in the death of Bembury, who was a father.
Keyelle Luavee Hassell, 34, of the 5400 block of Wichita Drive is charged with 1st degree murder, robbery with a dangerous weapon, felonious conspiracy and possession with the intent to sell/deliver cocaine and marijuana.
Bembury's attacker kicked in the front door of his home before shooting him, police say. Family members say Bembury worked at Fayetteville's VA Hospital and was well-loved.
Hassell is being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond.
Fayetteville Police are continuing to investigate the fatal shooting and additional information will be release as it becomes available.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting investigation is asked to contact Detective W. Lee with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 973-3638 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet or by text-a-tip on your mobile device by sending a message to 274637 (in the text box type "4Tip" followed by your message).
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- String of deadly Henderson shootings could be linked, mayor says
- Raleigh mom had 1-year-old smoke marijuana, police say
- Woman hit when person fires through front door of Fayetteville home, police say
- 4 arrested in connection with death of Edgecombe County deputy