SANFORD, N.C. (WNCN) - A Sanford woman is accused of dumping the body of a man on the side of the road after he died from an overdose, the Lee County Sheriff's Office said.
Destiny Nicole Helms, 20, of Sanford drove to a friend's house and said Corey Michael Clark, 27, overdosed in her car. The friend told Helms to take Clark to the hospital but investigators said that never happened.
On Saturday around midnight, the body of Clark was found on Kelly Drive near Pumping Station Road - which is a short distance from the friend's home, the sheriff's office said.
Helms was charged with concealment of death. She's being held under a $75,000 secured bond.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Children ordered to sleep in bed with murdered brother's body
- NEW NORTH CAROLINA LAWS TAKE EFFECT IN 2018
- COLD TEMPERATURES TODAY, SNOW TOMORROW
- WATCH: MAN RUNNING FROM POLICE DRIVES TRUCK OFF PIER INTO RIVER
- HISTORIC DUPLIN COUNTY CHURCH DESTROYED BY NEW YEAR'S DAY FIRE
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Missing NC 12-year-old's body recovered near Norfolk pier
- Man charged with shooting NC police officer in back
- Dad drowns trying to save daughters from rip current at Atlantic Beach
- Body of missing NC 12-year-old recovered in Virginia, family members say