DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) -- Police say 17-year-old Markis Perry was killed in a shooting Friday night.
The incident was reported around 9 p.m. in the 700 block of Eva Street, in an area east of downtown near Elizabeth and Holloway streets.
Officers arrived on scene and located Perry who was suffering a gunshot wound. Perry was transported to the hospital where he died a short time later.
Police say 19-year-old Diamonte Porter has been arrested and charged with voluntary manslaughter in connection to this shooting.
Porter was placed in the Durham County jail.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- KNIGHTDALE MAN IMPREGNATES BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER, PLANS TO MARRY HER, WARRANTS SAY
- 38 ARRESTED IN NC TASK FORCE'S 'OPERATION GROUNDHOG,' DEPUTIES SAY
- FAYETTEVILLE GAS STATION ASSAULT LEAVES 73-YEAR-OLD IN CRITICAL CONDITION, POLICE SAY
- REGISTERED NC SEX OFFENDER CHARGED WITH RAPING 11-YEAR-OLD IN WAYNE COUNTY
- WOMAN FLUSHES HAMSTER DOWN TOILET AFTER AIRLINE BANS IT FROM FLIGHT
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- SUV found submerged, driver declines hospital treatment after Holden Beach accident
- North Carolina gets first African-American poet laureate
- Charlotte Wendy's employee accused of shooting into customer's car in drive-thru
- Bill advances that would put voter ID referendum on November ballot