SAVANNAH, Tenn. (WKRN) - One of the men charged with kidnapping, raping and killing Tennessee nursing student Holly Bobo pleaded guilty to a lesser offense of facilitating murder.
Dylan Adams now faces 35 years in prison without the possibility of parole. Dylan is the brother of Zach Adams, who was convicted of murder in September.
He appeared in court Monday afternoon in Savannah, Tennessee, where the guilty plea was accepted.
Judge C. Creed McGinley had given prosecutors and lawyers for Dylan Adams a Monday deadline to reach an agreement that would let him avoid trial in the death of Bobo.
"From the start, the focus has been on trying to punish the people who are responsible for doing what they did to Holly," District Attorney Paul Hagerman said.
He continued, "The Bobos - Dana and Karen - they have been waiting for over seven years. We had the long trial over the summer, but this started seven years ago. They've been waiting seven years for justice and they got some with Zach's trial and verdict. Now, they will get a little more with Dylan Adams."
Bobo's family addressed the media briefly after the guilty plea was accepted.
"We're very pleased today to end up with a guilty plea," Karen Bobo said. "[We're doing] better today than yesterday."RELATED: More coverage of the Holly Bobo case
Bobo continued, "There's no such thing as closure when something like this happens. She's still the last thing on my mind every night and the first thing every morning."
Holly Bobo was 20-years-old when she disappeared from her home in Parsons in April 2011. Her remains were found in September 2014 in woods not far from her home.
Adams' older brother Zach Adams is serving life plus 50 years in prison for kidnapping, raping and killing Bobo.
"We feel that the trial of Zach Adams we got the main perpetrator - the individual that killed your daughter - life in prison and that's where he'll spend his time and that's where he will die," Hagerman said.
The Bobos each hugged Judge McGinley before leaving the courtroom.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 CHARGED IN WAKE COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS EMBEZZLEMENT CASE EXPECTED IN COURT
- 3 TEENS KILLED IN WAKE COUNTY HEAD-ON CRASH, OFFICIALS SAY
- MAN FACING DWI CHARGE IN RALEIGH I-40 WRONG-WAY CRASH THAT KILLED 2 SAY
- MOM AND WIFE WHO LIVED 2ND LIFE AS ADULT WEBSITE MODEL IS FOUND SLAIN
- 'IF BLACK THEN SHOOT': RELEASED RECORDS SHOW RACIST MESSAGES FROM FORMER OFFICER
Peter Fonda apologizes for 'vulgar'...
Trudeau: Canada to legalize marijuana...
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Birthplace of NC native Nina Simone to be preserved
- Missing NC 12-year-old's body recovered near Norfolk pier
- Man charged with shooting NC police officer in back
- Dad drowns trying to save daughters from rip current at Atlantic Beach