CLEVELAND, N.C. (WNCN) - A 42-year-old Garner man was wearing dark clothing and walking in the road when he was struck and killed by a motorist Thursday evening, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Troopers identified the dead man as Adaryll L. Tisdale.
He was walking along the eastbound lane of Cleveland Road at about 9 p.m., and the driver of a vehicle heading in the same direction did not see him, troopers said. The vehicle hit him, then went off the road, according to authorities.
Tisdale died at the scene, and the driver was not injured, troopers said.
Troopers said the driver won't face charges.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- POLICE: MAN CHARGED WITH MURDER AFTER THROWING SINGLE PUNCH, KILLING MAN IN NC WALMART
- RALEIGH WOMAN CHARGED WITH EMBEZZLING FROM NC TREASURER'S DEPARTMENT
- 9-YEAR-OLD VIRGINIA GIRL KILLED IN SLEDDING ACCIDENT
- RENTER WANTS NC APARTMENT COMPLEX TO PAY HIGH POWER BILL AFTER 1 WEEK WITHOUT HEAT
- SNOW TOTALS FOR CENTRAL NC STORM
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Family mourns slain dad who was among 7 shot after birthday party in Sanford
- Truck was left in road before crash that killed Rocky Mount officer, sources say
- Groups plan to file federal complaint against Raleigh police
- Damage reported as severe storms hit parts of central NC
- NC high school student dies in crash in Argentina during school trip
- Transgender NC elementary student not allowed to use girls' bathroom at school, mom says
- NC woman at home with mom is killed as man forces his way in house, officials say
- Fire destroys NC home as resident leaves food cooking to go walk dog, officials say