RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) - A South Carolina State player had to be removed from PNC Arena Saturday on a stretcher following a medical emergency.
S.C. State was playing N.C. State when a player on the bench appeared to collapse.
Fox Sports identified the player as Ty Solomon.
EMTs could be seen administering CPR on Solomon before he was taken from the arena.
The game was delayed as medical personnel worked on the player.
Later, Solomon was conscious and stabilized when he was taken out of PNC Arena to nearby Rex Hospital.
Rex Hospital officials later said Solomon was in fair condition and stable as of 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- String of deadly Henderson shootings could be linked, mayor says
- Raleigh mom had 1-year-old smoke marijuana, police say
- Woman hit when person fires through front door of Fayetteville home, police say
- 4 arrested in connection with death of Edgecombe County deputy