YORK, S.C. (WBTV) - The body of a York County, South Carolina, teen who went missing Friday was found Monday, York County deputies believe.
Jamie Lee Allison Margas, 18, was reported missing from her home near Twins Lakes and Mt Gallant Roads around 1 a.m. Friday.
Deputies said the body was found around 10:50 a.m. about 20 yards off Mt Gallant Road near the bridge.
No foul play is expected.RELATED: Deputies use dogs, helicopter to search for teen reported missing Friday
Deputies said Margas left her home on her own and was not abducted. The teen did not take her medication with her, sparking concern for her safety.
Deputies, K9 officers, and the SLED helicopter all searched the area Margas was last seen Friday.
The York County Sheriff's Office says they got hundreds of tips before finding the body Monday.
The coroner's office will reveal the final cause of death once the autopsy is complete. Deputies say the coroner will also confirm whether the body belongs to Margas, but say, "all indications are this is her."
Counselors will be on hand at the middle and high schools where Margas' siblings attend.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call 911 or the York County Sheriff's Office at 803-629-3059 immediately.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- String of deadly Henderson shootings could be linked, mayor says
- Raleigh mom had 1-year-old smoke marijuana, police say
- Woman hit when person fires through front door of Fayetteville home, police say
- 4 arrested in connection with death of Edgecombe County deputy