VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A mother in Virginia Beach who admitted to hitting her daughter with a baseball bat is now facing 8 years in prison.
Court records show Andrea Gehring was sentenced Monday to 30 years in prison, with 22 years suspended. She pleaded guilty in July to charges of malicious wounding and child abuse.
The Commonwealth said Gehring hit her 11-year-old daughter with an aluminum bat in November 2016 during a domestic dispute. Gehring hit her daughter in the face, shoulders, thighs, feet and hands.
Virginia Beach police later arrested and charged Gehring.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 4 CHARGED IN WAKE COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS EMBEZZLEMENT CASE EXPECTED IN COURT
- 3 TEENS KILLED IN WAKE COUNTY HEAD-ON CRASH, OFFICIALS SAY
- MAN FACING DWI CHARGE IN RALEIGH I-40 WRONG-WAY CRASH THAT KILLED 2 SAY
- MOM AND WIFE WHO LIVED 2ND LIFE AS ADULT WEBSITE MODEL IS FOUND SLAIN
- 'IF BLACK THEN SHOOT': RELEASED RECORDS SHOW RACIST MESSAGES FROM FORMER OFFICER
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Family mourns slain dad who was among 7 shot after birthday party in Sanford
- Truck was left in road before crash that killed Rocky Mount officer, sources say
- Groups plan to file federal complaint against Raleigh police
- Damage reported as severe storms hit parts of central NC
- NC high school student dies in crash in Argentina during school trip
- Transgender NC elementary student not allowed to use girls' bathroom at school, mom says
- NC woman at home with mom is killed as man forces his way in house, officials say
- Fire destroys NC home as resident leaves food cooking to go walk dog, officials say