FLAT ROCK, N.C. (WSPA) - Officials say a church and two nearby businesses were vandalized with vulgar graffiti in Henderson County.
According to the Henderson County Sheriff's Office, the vandalism was discovered early Sunday morning.
The vandalism was on the Upward Baptist Church and the sign in front of the church on Upward Road, according to authorities.
Buildings on either side of the church, Richard Hatch & Associates and Miller Construction, also had graffiti, deputies said.
The graffiti at the church makes references to Reverend Billy Graham and Jesus. CBS North Carolina has posted images that blur out the graphic comments in the vandalism.
Anyone with information on the crime is asked to call the Henderson County Sheriff's Office at 828-697-4911.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WOMAN, 2 MEN KILLED IN TWO VEHICLE CRASH IN NASH COUNTY, TROOPERS SAY
- TODDLER GIRL DIES AFTER MIRROR FALLS ON HER AT SHOE STORE
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: JET MAKES ROUGH LANDING AT RDU DURING HIGH WINDS
- CLASH CAUGHT ON VIDEO AFTER MOM TAKES SON TO FIGHT ANOTHER STUDENT, POLICE SAY
- HIT-AND-RUN AT NC WAFFLE HOUSE LEADS TO SHOOTOUT NEAR COLLEGE CAMPUS
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Family mourns slain dad who was among 7 shot after birthday party in Sanford
- Truck was left in road before crash that killed Rocky Mount officer, sources say
- Groups plan to file federal complaint against Raleigh police
- Damage reported as severe storms hit parts of central NC
- NC high school student dies in crash in Argentina during school trip
- Transgender NC elementary student not allowed to use girls' bathroom at school, mom says
- NC woman at home with mom is killed as man forces his way in house, officials say
- Fire destroys NC home as resident leaves food cooking to go walk dog, officials say