TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) - Interstate 275 northbound at mile marker 51 is closed due to a fatal crash.
All northbound traffic is being diverted off the highway at Fowler Avenue. Motorists are also getting off at Busch Boulevard. Traffic is heavy on Nebraska and Florida Avenues. The highways is expected to be closed for some time.
Florida Highway Patrol is investigating the crash between a semi and two vehicles that happened just before 11:30 a.m.
FHP says a vehicle came to a stop in a northbound lane on I-275 just north of Fowler Avenue due to a dog in the roadway.
A semi-car hauler was not able to stop behind the vehicle and struck the first vehicle in the rear. The driver of the vehicle was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The semi then struck the rear of a truck before coming to rest.
No other information was immediately available.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- WORKER FIRED FOR RACY JOKE WRITTEN INSIDE PIZZA BOX
- RALEIGH CAB DRIVER GETS ATTENTION WITH 11,000 CHRISTMAS LIGHTS ON HIS TAXI
- MAN WOUNDED IN RALEIGH SHOOTING NEAR WAKE FOREST ROAD AND I-440
- NC MAN WINS $1 MILLION WITH LUCKY SCRATCH-OFF TICKET
- MOM SPEAKS OUT AFTER SON IS KILLED BY DOGS HE PLAYED WITH AND FED DAILY
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- A closer look at how authorities nabbed 76 in multi-state child exploitation operation
- Cities limited in preventing towing overcharges in North Carolina
- Man clinging to life after Lumberton police find him shot inside car
- Crooks at NC Walmart spraying perfume during robbery attempts, police say