VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WAVY) - A former reality TV star of the show "Little Women, Atlanta" pleaded guilty Monday morning to a DUI charge in connection to a fatal 2017 crash.
Police say Melissa Hancock was driving the wrong way on Interstate 264 after leaving a bar at the Oceanfront, when she hit a car head-on that was being driven by Coast Guardsmen Daniel Dill.
At the time of the crash, Dill was on his way to pick up his wife from her birthday party, acting as her designated driver.
Hancock pleaded guilty in May to aggravated manslaughter, and could face up to 21 years in prison for that charge.
His wife, Natalie Dill, says the last seven months have been a nightmare after she had to take her husband off of life support at the hospital.
"She took everything from me. My best friend. We'll never grow old together, never have children. He would have made a great dad," said Dill.
Dill says she hopes to one day forgive Hancock, but right now she wants justice.
"An Uber cost $5-$10. There is Lyft. There are so many options nowadays. This should not be occurring ever," said Dill.
Hancock is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 10.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILD PLAYING WITH LIGHTER IGNITES DURHAM HOUSE FIRE
- FATHER AND SON DEAD AFTER 'SUSPICIOUS FIRE,' JOHNSTON COUNTY OFFICIALS SAY
- WOMEN FACE CHARGES FOR MAILING DRUGS HIDDEN IN LETTERS TO NC INMATE
- WILD HORSE AT OUTER BANKS HIT AND KILLED BY CAR
- 3 FOUND DEAD IN HOME NEAR LAKE GASTON IN HALIFAX COUNTY
Man enters Florida home, steals...
Driver hurt after car crashes into...
- Cooper recalls NC National Guard members from border
- Deputies: NC man hits neighbor with piece of metal after yard dispute
- Police: 'Irate passenger' strikes window at Charlotte airport after flight was canceled
- NC mom upset after son's diploma taken for wearing military cords at high school graduation