A Republican leader in Florida has said he doesn't understand the anger generated by Roseanne Barr's tweet comparing a former adviser to President Barack Obama to an ape.
Lake County Republican Committeeman Ralph Smith posted an image of Valerie Jarrett and a character from "Planet of the Apes" on Facebook with the caption, "And the issue with Roseanne is?"
Barr's tweet likening Jarrett to a cross between the Muslim Brotherhood and a "Planet of the Apes" actor sparked nationwide criticism and prompted ABC to cancel its reboot of the comedy show "Roseanne."
The Daily Commercial in Leesburg, Florida, published a story Wednesday quoting Smith as saying that he thought the comparison was "funny."
Smith deleted his post Wednesday. On a radio show he hosts, he said he doesn't care about a person's color, only their values.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FIRE BREAKS OUT AT GLENWOOD SOUTH BAR IN RALEIGH
- FLORIDA REPUBLICAN LEADER POSTS SUPPORT FOR ROSEANNE'S TWEET
- 2 OFFICERS TREATED WITH NARCAN AFTER EXPOSURE TO WHITE POWDER
- WATCH: WOMAN PULLED OVER FOR DRIVING BUMPER CAR ON CHINA ROAD
- KRISPY KREME GIVING AWAY FREE DOUGHNUTS FRIDAY
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- NC university chancellor dies after battle with cancer
- Search called off for NC man who fell in river while canoeing
- Measles case confirmed in Wake County, officials say
- NC radio station worker killed in motorcycle crash