RAEFORD, N.C. (WNCN) - Raeford police have arrested a man in connection with what they describe has a deadly January drug robbery.
Police say Raymond Lewis Pratt, of the 100 block of Acapulco Drive in Candor, was one of three men who conspired to rob Steven D. McClain during a drug deal on Jan. 7.
During the robbery, Pratt fired shots inside McClain's vehicle, police said. McClain was shot in the face. One of Pratt's co-conspirator, Justin A. Moore, was shot in the head and died, according to authorities.
Pratt, 39, was arrested Thursday. He has so far been charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon. He's being held on $1 million bond, and the investigation could lead to more charges, police said.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN FOUND SHOT TO DEATH AT RALEIGH APARTMENT COMPLEX, POLICE SAY
- GRANVILLE COUNTY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER HAD SEX WITH EX-STUDENT, OFFICIALS SAY
- DURHAM MOTORCYCLIST HIT BY VAN, KILLED ON NC-55 NEAR I-40
- NC MOM AND TEEN DAUGHTER KILLED IN HEAD-ON CRASH ON WAY TO SCHOOL
- 3 FACE PROSTITUTION CHARGES AFTER RAID AT HOKE COUNTY SPA, DEPUTIES SAY
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- NC hepatitis cases up as much as nearly 200 percent since 2012
- Outer Banks police caution of bears just days after rattlesnake warning
- Wake County mom asks why she was not informed of bullying before son's suicide
- Raleigh-based food bank aims to pack millionth lunch bag