By WOWK Staff - SHREWSBURY, W.Va. (WOWK) - A West Virginia woman has been arrested after two children were found to be living in "dog-kennel" like conditions, according to a court document.
According to a criminal complaint, Kristal Richard, 33, of Shrewsbury, has been arrested on two counts of child neglect creating the risk of injury.
Law enforcement arrived on the 3000 block of East River View Drive in Shrewbury after an anonymous tip.
Once inside the residence, law enforcement found a naked 2 year old inside 4 foot by 6 foot plywood enclosure, according to authorities. The enclosure smelled of urine, with piles of fecal matter found of it, according to authorities.
According to an officer, it appeared as if the child were living in a kennel for an animal.
Upon further investigation, a second child, age five, was found enclosed in another box enclosure that was slightly taller, also nude, authorities said.
That child was also freed from the enclosure. Officers walked into the enclosure and discovered urine with fecal matter on the walls.
Officers grabbed clothes for the children and Child Protective Services removed them from the home.
Richard is in jail on a $10,000 bond.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- String of deadly Henderson shootings could be linked, mayor says
- Raleigh mom had 1-year-old smoke marijuana, police say
- Woman hit when person fires through front door of Fayetteville home, police say
- 4 arrested in connection with death of Edgecombe County deputy