WAKE FOREST, N.C. (WNCN) - Heritage High School linebacker Drake Thomas committed Friday to play his college football at N.C. State.
The three-star linebacker, as rated by 247Sports, led the Huskies with 112 total tackles (51 solo) as a junior last season. Heritage's defense allowed 8.2 points per game en route to a 12-2 record.
Thomas also pitched in on offense. He ran four 287 yards and three touchdowns, and caught another.
The rising senior will be a key cog in Heritage's defense this season. Thomas is the lone returner among the Huskies' top-five tacklers from last year.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- FIRE BREAKS OUT AT GLENWOOD SOUTH BAR IN RALEIGH
- FLORIDA REPUBLICAN LEADER POSTS SUPPORT FOR ROSEANNE'S TWEET
- 2 OFFICERS TREATED WITH NARCAN AFTER EXPOSURE TO WHITE POWDER
- WATCH: WOMAN PULLED OVER FOR DRIVING BUMPER CAR ON CHINA ROAD
- KRISPY KREME GIVING AWAY FREE DOUGHNUTS FRIDAY
Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Fire destroys NC home as resident leaves food cooking to go walk dog, officials say
- Rocky Mount police officer killed in crash
- Cary man charged with kidnapping ex-girlfriend's baby, officials say
- Man found dead in chair at NC beach resort