WENDELL, N.C. (WNCN) — CBS 17 Storm Team Meteorologist Brian Hutton Jr. visited the Wendell Police Department on Wednesday, honoring first responders by providing lunch as part of CBS 17 Cares.
Every week, CBS 17 and John Hiester Automotive Group team up to provide local first responders with lunch as a way of saying “thank you” for the work they do.
Wendell Police Capt. Slaughter spoke with Hutton about everything going on in Wendell, such as the Harvest Festival, which is Oct. 5. The police department is also teaming up with the Wendell Fire Department on Oct. 19 for a drug take back event.
Next weekend, on Sept. 28, the International Food Festival will be held in the town.
The police department is also hiring, so if you or anyone you know is interested, make sure to apply!
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Black Lives Matter activists to be charged after blocking traffic in Virginia, police say
- 1,000+ activists gather in Graham’s town square, call for removal of Confederate statue
- COVID-19 safety measures implemented at NC youth baseball games
- 100+ in Durham faith community take part in unity march
- Recently defaced Christopher Columbus monument removed from Cary park
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now