RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — NC State says four of their students have already caught the flu in the first week of classes.
The university put in a Facebook post that it is unusual to see this many cases of influenza as they’ve seen, but it is not unheard of.
Students are advised to wash their hands frequently, and get vaccinated, among three major ways to control the spread of the flu.
The post also offered tips for taking care of yourself, which include taking plenty of fluids and recommending over-the-counter decongestants, to name a couple.
- Tepper says no decision yet on future of QB Cam Newton
- Franklin County animal advocates take concerns about shelter to commissioners
- Interim chancellor: Report detailing UNC’s crime response, reporting is ‘extremely concerning’
- NC receiving funds to elevate I-95 after repeated flooding
- Habitual felon escapes prison work release assignment in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now