RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — NC State says four of their students have already caught the flu in the first week of classes.
The university put in a Facebook post that it is unusual to see this many cases of influenza as they’ve seen, but it is not unheard of.
Students are advised to wash their hands frequently, and get vaccinated, among three major ways to control the spread of the flu.
The post also offered tips for taking care of yourself, which include taking plenty of fluids and recommending over-the-counter decongestants, to name a couple.
- NC mom says Scarowinds is ‘unsafe’ after 3 fights break out in park
- Camp Lejeune service member, woman charged with LSD trafficking
- Raleigh police investigating after man shot at residence
- Group forms human chain to free stranded dolphins in Florida
- Johnston County interim superintendent addresses concerns of parents, students
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now