BUTNER, N.C. (WNCN) – The Federal Bureau of Prisons reported Sunday that two more inmates at Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) Butner Low in Butner have died from COVID-19.
John Marrone, 85, died Saturday – a few weeks after testing positive for the virus, officials said.
Mark Hebert, 61, died Friday – less than a week after being diagnosed with COVID-19.
Both were serving time in the low-security facility, officials said.
So far, more than 20 inmates have died at Butner.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Some Dems, not yet Biden, talk of expanding Supreme Court
- Wolfpack offensive line packing away the ‘pancakes’
- K-9 finds missing child who was lost in the woods, crying
- VIDEO: Dog trapped several days down 30-foot hole in NC mountains is rescued
- Stock up on fresh, local produce at Perkin’s Orchard in Durham
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now