SEATTLE (AP) – Three more people have died from the new coronavirus in Washington state.
Health officials said Monday that the latest deaths bring the total to five in the state and in the United States.
Dr. Jeff Duchin from Public Health – Seattle & King County announced the new deaths at a news conference.
Researchers said earlier that the virus may have been circulating for weeks undetected in Washington state.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman injured after carjacker steals truck with her inside; crashes vehicle at Raleigh mall, police say
- 6 displaced after cooking fire spreads, damaging Durham home
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns
- Young NC woman dies in collision with tractor-trailer
- SC woman sentenced after DUI crash that killed her 3-year-old daughter