NEW ORLEANS — An 86-year-old woman and her three sons died after testing positive for COVID-19, WDSU reports.
Family members said Antoinette Franklin and her sons Herman Franklin, 71, Timothy Franklin, 61, and Anthony Franklin Sr., 58, all got sick around the same time.
“My uncle passed, my grandmother passed, my dad passed, then my other uncle passed. It’s literally like 7-8 days apart. It’s horrific,” Anthony Franklin told WDSU.
Services for the three sons were held Friday and for Antoinette Franklin on Saturday.
- Raleigh mayor imposes 11 p.m. curfew, road closures ahead of planned protests
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now