KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — As the coronavirus pandemic continues, some people are socializing in a way that still keeps social distancing top of mind.
WATE 6 On Your Side noticed several of these social distancing “tailgates” happening around Knoxville recently.
People coming together to talk from a distance like a group WATE 6 On Your Side spoke to, whose participants parked off of Northshore.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends people keep 6 feet of distance from one another to help prevent the spread.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham residents want peace as police adjust to combat surge in gun violence
- Students concerned after COVID-19 clusters confirmed at UNC housing
- Despite cancellation, dozens turn out for vigil honoring Cannon Hinnant
- Homicide of 3-year-old disguised as hot car death, police say
- UPDATE: Overwhelming response to boy’s search for a family, ‘I hope one of y’all pick me’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now