KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — As the coronavirus pandemic continues, some people are socializing in a way that still keeps social distancing top of mind.
WATE 6 On Your Side noticed several of these social distancing “tailgates” happening around Knoxville recently.
People coming together to talk from a distance like a group WATE 6 On Your Side spoke to, whose participants parked off of Northshore.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends people keep 6 feet of distance from one another to help prevent the spread.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Colonial Pipeline site assessment reveals an estimated 1.2M gallons of gasoline leaked in NC town
- PHOTOS/VIDEO: Miller Lite semi-truck crashes into NC home
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Senate Republicans can shut door on immigration reform with filibuster
- A look at how Wake County is prioritizing vaccine distribution