BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) – “It’s a rite of passage, but this year the kids came home with more than sand in their shorts -they got COVID-19,” said Bellaire Schools Superintendent Darren Jenkins.
He said the numbers are unclear, and it was a diverse group.
“There were graduating seniors from our district and Shadyside and other places.” said Jenkins.
“There were underclassmen, and there were those who had graduated several years ago.”
So Bellaire has suspended all extracurricular activities for the time being, and has closed the buildings to everyone.
He says the schools will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and activities will only be resumed when everyone is out of quarantine.
- Tiger Woods moved to LA hospital after leg surgery
- American Airlines pilot reports UFO flying over plane near military missile testing site
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties
- Vaccine ‘passports’ may open society, but not for everyone
- Cat that vanished 15 years ago reunited with her owner