BEIJING (KRON) – Beijing has ordered all schools to close as a new coronavirus outbreak has spread to neighboring provinces, Bloomberg reports.
The schools will be shuttered as of Wednesday, according to the state-run The People’s Daily newspaper.
The total reported number of infections has reached 106, according to the National Health Commission, while cases linked to the Beijing cluster have already been reported in two provinces in China’s northern region.
It is unclear when they will be able to reopen. In the meantime, schools are being advised to bring back their online learning programs, and college students will not be returning to campuses, Bloomberg is reporting, citing a government briefing aired on China Central Television.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Wake Forest neighbors of husband accused of killing wife say there was history of domestic violence
- 580+ videos released by Raleigh police capture candid moments of officers during George Floyd protests
- An inside look at how North Carolina counties review absentee ballots
- Tropical Storm Zeta strengthens, is expected to regain hurricane status Wednesday
- 3 Wake County high schools confirm COVID-19 case associated with athletics
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now