ATLANTA (WJW) — A photo of a young Georgia boy is offering hope to many during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The photo shows a boy, named Owen, bowing his head in prayer.
His mother, Brandee Hanes, says her son was praying for his Grandpa Chuck who has been battling the coronavirus.
Several members of their extended family had been diagnosed with the virus and while many have recovered, Owen’s grandfather remains hospitalized.
Hanes says they are grateful for the support they have received since sharing Owen’s photo. They hope this serves as a message of hope for others during these difficult and trying times.
Hanes also says her father grew up in the Akron-Canton area. He has several family members that still reside in Northeast Ohio.
- As Derek Chauvin verdict looms, Triangle faith leader and activists say anxiety grows
- Driver sentenced to 30 years in prison in deadly chase that killed NC woman
- ‘I almost lost my wife’ – Man recalls having truck carjacked from Raleigh mall, then flipped in crash
- No COVID-19 vaccine side effects, no problem, says UNC doctor
- Former Columbus County police chief arrested on 73 charges related to evidence tampering, drug trafficking