RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — As the coronavirus continues to spread, some information that sounds interesting is spreading on social media that could be wrong.
CBS 17 consumer reporter Steve Sbraccia takes a look at an idea that is spreading and separates the fact from the fiction.
The latest rumor is that people need to wash their produce with soap and water to avoid the COVID-19 infection.
Sbraccia examines the latest produce-washing claim to see if it is true.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- World Anti-Doping Agency looks to artificial intelligence to catch dopers
- Holiday weekend crowds trigger COVID warnings
- COVID-19 in NC: More than 24,000 have tested positive, deaths now top 765
- Carthage woman arrested, charged in multiple Moore County shootings, sheriff’s office says
- Man dies after video shows officer kneeling on his neck