RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — As the coronavirus continues to spread, some information that sounds interesting is spreading on social media that could be wrong.
CBS 17 consumer reporter Steve Sbraccia takes a look at two ideas that are spreading and separates the fact from the fiction.
Some people are saying a surgical mask can be made from toilet paper while others claim that a flu shot can prevent COVID-19, the illness from coronavirus.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
- Pedestrian killed in hit-and-run, Raleigh police say
- Saturday’s Virtual HBCU Homecoming Celebration is happening via YouTube
- Man wins $2M after mistakenly buying extra lottery ticket
- North Carolina parents arrested after child overdoses
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now