RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — As the coronavirus continues to spread, some information that sounds interesting is spreading on social media that could be wrong.
CBS 17 consumer reporter Steve Sbraccia takes a look at an idea that is spreading and separates the fact from the fiction.
The latest rumor is that people can rub their dry hands together fast — so fast it creates heat. That heat is then supposed to kill the coronavirus — but does it work?
In other fact-finding reports Sbraccia examing the rumor that simply holding your breath for a certain amount of time without coughing will determine if you have COVID-19.
Another claim is that young and healthy people do not need to perform “social distancing.”
Sbraccia examines the latest hand-rubbing claim to see if it is true.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Rocky Top Catering distributes over half-a-million free meals in Wake County
- 19 Thanksgiving foods that are not safe for your pets
- Safely enjoy the Christmas season at Phillips Farms of Cary’s Christmas Experience
- Medicinal marijuana being used as treatment for autism
- Wednesday, November 25th: Thanksgiving Day feast at Rocky Top Catering, Durham holiday events