RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — As the coronavirus continues to spread, some information that sounds interesting is spreading on social media that could be wrong.
CBS 17 consumer reporter Steve Sbraccia takes a look at an idea that is spreading and separates the fact from the fiction.
The latest rumor is that COVID-19 can be transmitted via the mail and that people need to microwave their mail to avoid the virus.
Sbraccia examines the latest claim about mail and COVID-19 to see if it is true. Watch the video for the full report.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pence aide who had COVID-19 returns to work
- USDA now accepting applications for relief from farmers impacted by COVID-19
- Local Dentists work overtime to keep patients, staff safe
- Tuesday, May 26th : Toddler Patience Challenge FAIL, Dentists work overtime to keep clients safe
- Trump says he’s no longer taking hydroxychloroquine