RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — As the coronavirus continues to spread, some information that sounds interesting is spreading on social media that could be wrong.
CBS 17 consumer reporter Steve Sbraccia takes a look at an idea that is spreading and separates the fact from the fiction.
The latest rumor is that COVID-19 can be transmitted via the mail and that people need to microwave their mail to avoid the virus.
Sbraccia examines the latest claim about mail and COVID-19 to see if it is true. Watch the video for the full report.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No treats: CDC warns Americans to ‘avoid’ trick-or-treating for Halloween
- NFL fines coaches $100,000 for failing to wear masks on the sidelines
- ‘Dreadhead Cowboy’ taken into custody after riding horse on Chicago expressway
- NC moving company fails to deliver 72-year-old woman’s items for months
- Pair of goats spotted on Arkansas bridge truss euthanized