RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — As the coronavirus continues to spread, some information that sounds interesting is spreading on social media that could be wrong.
CBS 17 consumer reporter Steve Sbraccia takes a look at two ideas that are spreading and separates the fact from the fiction.
Some people are saying you can simply hold your breath for a certain amount of time without coughing to see if you have COVID-19.
Another claim is that young and healthy people do not need to perform “social distancing.”
Sbraccia examines both ideas and separates the truth from the rumor.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FDA clears test to detect coronavirus in 5 minutes
- Will face masks keep the uninfected safe? Coronavirus fact vs. fiction
- SeaWorld furloughs more than 90% of workforce
- Number of reported COVID-19 cases in North Carolina rises to 935
- Legendary Garner football Nelson Smith coach continues giving back to town through retirement
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now