FRANKFORT, Ky. (NEXSTAR) — A young adult who attended a “coronavirus party” in Kentucky has tested positive for COVID-19, Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear announced on Tuesday.
According to Beshear, the party of people in their 20s “thinking they were invincible” got together to mock social guidelines.
“This is one that makes me mad, and it should make you mad,” Beshear said.
“Anyone who goes to something like this may think they’re indestructible, but it’s someone else’s loved one that they are going to hurt,” he said at a news conference in the capital, Frankfort.
Beshear also announced 39 new COVID-19 cases across the state of Kentucky. The state currently has over 160 confirmed cases.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, up to 20 percent
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- How can you travel safely? WakeMed doctor discusses minimizing risk
- U.S. House passes act which would overhaul policing
- Griffin, Boeheim lead Syracuse past Clemson 64-54
- Cruise lines hoping to set sail soon as COVID-19 restrictions ease in some parts of the country
- NC State beats Notre Dame to finish season on 5-game win streak