RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Following its normal pattern, state health officials announced a smaller number of completed COVID-19 tests on Tuesday as compared to Monday.
From the 8,467 completed tests, 1,345 lab-confirmed cases were announced by the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.
North Carolina has a total of 157,741 confirmed cases from 2,102,359 completed tests.
Mondays and Tuesday have repeatedly had fewer completed tests reported.
Hospitalizations ticked up again on Tuesday to 1,000.
A total of 2,570 deaths are being attributed to the virus – up 35 from Monday.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Judo champion foils armed robbery by grappling suspect to the ground
- NC State football adds home-and-home games with South Carolina
- ‘Senseless act’: Bicyclist pushed by passenger in passing minivan dies; attacker also killed
- In-person early voting ends Saturday as NC turnout approaches 50%
- Wendy’s has a new chicken sandwich, and you can get one free