FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. (WNCN) – Wake County health officials identified a COVID-19 outbreak at an assisted-living facility in Fuquay-Varina, according to a Monday press release.
The outbreak, which is defined as two or more cases among residents or staff, happened at Universal Health Care – Fuquay-Varina, located at 410 Judd Pkwy. The facility was not included in data for congregate facilities last updated on Friday.
The outbreak comes just as North Carolina surpassed the 100,000 confirmed cases.
No additional information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- NC’s private schools face more, larger COVID clusters than public schools
- 12-year-old driver, teen passenger killed in shooting on Tennessee interstate
- First at-home coronavirus test: What you need to know
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests