RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – An inmate in his early-80s died Tuesday at the hospital at Central Prison in Raleigh after testing positive for COVID-19, state officials said.
The inmate, who had a pre-existing medical condition, tested positive for the disease on Oct. 14.
North Carolina Department of Public Safety said he was taken to the prison’s hospital when his condition worsened.
NCDPS is not identifying the inmate.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Amazon adding hundreds of jobs in Triangle with 2 new ‘delivery stations’
- Local essential workers hopeful as COVID-19 vaccine becomes available to them
- In rare move, NC Republicans working toward second veto override attempt
- Getting answers: What can I do after I get my second shot?
- Sponsored Content: Duke Cancer Institute Doctor and Patient Discuss the Impact of Follicular Lymphoma