LILLINGTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A Harnett County man said getting coronavirus made him sicker than he’s ever been.
“The breathing issues and the pain in my chest has just been horrendous,” Jeff Hensley said.
He was hospitalized for a few days for breathing issues but is now back home recovering.
“I can see where it can take your life because this has been the hardest, most difficult time I’ve ever had being sick.”
Jeff’s wife Toni is a nurse. She’s been taking care of him at home. She is thankful she does not have the virus.
“It’s a nasty virus,” Toni Hensley said. “He’s never had anything that made him feel the way this felt.”
“I would have never thought that it would have gotten me the way it did. It put me down,” Jeff added.
The couple said they are praying for all the other victims out there and hope people continue to take the precautions seriously.
“We are just praying for everybody involved,” Toni said.
“I am feeling better. I’m still pretty weak, but I feel better each day,” Jeff said. “Today is probably the best day I’ve had.”
The Harnett County Health Department said there have been 11 confirmed cases in the county as of Thursday.
More COVID-19 coverage:
- Tiger at New York City zoo tests positive for coronavirus
- Raleigh nursing students ready to graduate, help amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Moore County reports 1st coronavirus death
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson hospitalized for coronavirus; pregnant fiancee is recovering
- COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to rise in NC with 261 hospitalized, nearly 2,600 cases