LILLINGTON, N.C. (WNCN) – A Harnett County man said getting coronavirus made him sicker than he’s ever been.
“The breathing issues and the pain in my chest has just been horrendous,” Jeff Hensley said.
He was hospitalized for a few days for breathing issues but is now back home recovering.
“I can see where it can take your life because this has been the hardest, most difficult time I’ve ever had being sick.”
Jeff’s wife Toni is a nurse. She’s been taking care of him at home. She is thankful she does not have the virus.
“It’s a nasty virus,” Toni Hensley said. “He’s never had anything that made him feel the way this felt.”
“I would have never thought that it would have gotten me the way it did. It put me down,” Jeff added.
The couple said they are praying for all the other victims out there and hope people continue to take the precautions seriously.
“We are just praying for everybody involved,” Toni said.
“I am feeling better. I’m still pretty weak, but I feel better each day,” Jeff said. “Today is probably the best day I’ve had.”
The Harnett County Health Department said there have been 11 confirmed cases in the county as of Thursday.
More COVID-19 coverage:
- Child sex offender at Butner dies after testing positive for COVID-19 for 2nd time, officials say
- Democratic and Republican leaders express willingness to work together on stimulus relief bill
- EPA approves Pine-Sol to kill coronavirus on surfaces
- Ex-Pence adviser says Trump was more concerned about reelection than COVID-19
- Pandemic causing appliance shortages, service backlogs