RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Don’t flush wipes down the pipes!
That’s the message Raleigh Water is hoping to send home to homeowners across central North Carolina.
During the COVID-19
According to city officials, wipes and paper towels can’t break down in pipes and instead lead to blockages and sewer spills.
Paper towels, wipes, grease and dental floss should be thrown away in the trash, not into your toilet.
Durham Saves Water says crews are finding blockages from people putting wipes down pipes.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Yelp: 60 percent of businesses that closed due to COVID-19 are closed permanently
- Woman hit by car in North Raleigh; road closed
- Michelob Ultra looking to pay ‘chief exploration officer’ $50K to visit national parks
- Fayetteville remaining prepared despite Sally’s heavy remnants skipping over the city
- Ohio football players who carried police, fire flags on-field awarded scholarships
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now