RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) — Don’t flush wipes down the pipes!
That’s the message Raleigh Water is hoping to send home to homeowners across central North Carolina.
During the COVID-19
According to city officials, wipes and paper towels can’t break down in pipes and instead lead to blockages and sewer spills.
Paper towels, wipes, grease and dental floss should be thrown away in the trash, not into your toilet.
Durham Saves Water says crews are finding blockages from people putting wipes down pipes.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Few crowds seen on Franklin Street during big UNC-Notre Dame game
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Retired coast guard vet still helping fellow military members
- Teen charged after passenger dies in DUI crash on Thanksgiving, SC troopers say