RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Today’s Job Alert isn’t about job openings – it’s about providing advice for job seekers – people looking to take their skills and transition to a new job or new industry.
Douglas James is a vetern whose company helps people use existing knowledge and passion in finding a new job.
James is a big proponent of following your passion and utilizing technology, especially in crowd-sourcing industries.
“No matter what your skill set, I can almost guarantee you there is a crowd- sourcing job or app out there for your services – you just have to get out there and do it,” said James.
He is a big supporter of putting yourself out there on websites like LinkedIn. He recommends you be very specific about what type of skillset you have.
For example, don’t just say you’re a “good communicator,” articulate your experiences and instances where your communication skills were of use to your employer.
You can read more about Douglas James’ services by clicking here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Girlfriend charged with murder after man killed in stabbing, SC police say
- Mom of slain teen is shot during burial service; son was among 2 killed by Florida deputies
- ALERT DAY: Rain and storms bring threat of damaging wind, tornadoes Monday morning
- NC man charged with murder in Transylvania County shooting, deputies say
- Former Trump aide sues over Russia probe surveillance, claims he was ‘unlawful spying’ victim