RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – CBS 17 is committed to helping those who are suddenly unemployed or just looking for a more stable position find a job.
The job website Glassdoor put together a list of 10 jobs where there is a big jump in demand.
One of those positions is forklift operator. A quick search around the area proves it is true.
DHL, which does express logistics for things like express mail service, has four openings posted for their location in Zebulon.
You will need a forklift operator certificate or complete DHL’s training program.
Six months of experience as a forklift operator in a warehouse is preferred. Certain shifts will pay more per hour, but you’ll training first shift for the first 4-6 weeks.
ProLogistix in Zebulon needs a stand-up forklift operator reach truck.
You’ll be using the forklift to pick orders on production and you must have a valid driver’s license.
Pay starts at $14 per hour, and there are opportunities for both evening and overnight shifts.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘None of us lie’: Top testing official defends White House coronavirus task force
- Shaquille O’Neal stops to help crash victim along I-75 in Florida
- Bond denied for woman charged in connection with Spc. Vanessa Guillen’s murder
- Fayetteville police ask for help finding 2 people of interest in deadly home invasion
- Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now